Lignin fiber line: LFL
With the Xplore lignin fiber line (LFL) you can quickly produce and condition lignin mono filaments with 5 - 10 g of material. The Xplore LFL is fully compatible with our micro compounders. Cutting edge laboratories use the LFL to wind and condition (cross-link) lignin fibers under extremely precise and reproducible conditions. So you can quickly screen and optimize the process of spinning and conditioning, which are precursors for the carbonization process. This saves costs and development time.
- High speed winding unit (up to 200 m/min) and an extreme accurate conditioning unit where crosslinking by oxygen can be achieved. The small footprint of this innovative design allows the equipment to fit on a laboratory bench.
- Variable settings. Speed, overlap pitch, heating modes and other settings can be adjusted to produce diverse types of fibers.
- Smaller samples, faster sample generation. Only a fraction of material is used compared to conventional fiber development.
- Perfect control of fiber stress during conditioning treatment by sensitive grippers and an ultra accurate linear motor which can move with minimum increments of 1 nanometer (measured).
- Purge gas is temperature and flow controlled to support gradual and reproducable crosslinking of the lignin fiber, to improve the mechanical properties of lignin fibers to enable a subsequent carbonization step.
- Option in combination with one of our micro compounders: Continuous feeder kit. No need for an additional spinning pump, as our micro compounder is featured with throughput control to secure uniform fiber diameter.