Micro cast film line 35 mm: CFL 35
The CFL 35 is based on Xplore’s proprietary technology. In combination with our micro compounder (see image below), it is now possible to obtain reproducible cast film with just 5 - 10 g of material in 5 - 10 minutes. In this way your material development time is drastically reduced and considerably less R&D budget is needed.
A representative test film is now obtained in just a few minutes with only a fraction of material used compared to conventional film development on laboratory equipment. The CFL 35 is especially useful when only a small amount of material is available, or when expensive additives are used, like nano-tubes, active pharmaceutical ingredients, etc..
- Our continuous feed kit, consisting of a mountable barrel hopper and continuous feed screws, makes it possible to process larger samples into extremely long film via continuous extrusion.
- The micro film line is able to produce cast film and sheet with 5 – 10 g samples. The integrated air knife can process film up to a width of ca. 35 mm.
- The film drawing speed is between 100 and 5000 mm/min and the drawing drum can be adjusted with increments of 1 mm/min.* The second, winding drum is torque controlled (its diameter will grow during the test run), and the winding torque can be adjusted with increments of 1 Nmm.
- In combination with our micro compounder, which is equipped with throughput control, you can produce a uniform film thickness without the use of a gear pump.
- Latest results show that films as thin as 5 µm can be obtained without holes.*
* Xplore proprietary technology