Micro cast film pro line: CFPL
Xplore developed a high end cast film pro film line, with three calenders, for extensife R&D possibilities.
The CFPL guarantees the best controlled process for the testing and screening (slippery) film formulations of e.g. optical, mechanical and/or barrier properties.
In less than 10 min you can produce a wide cast film out of our a heated film die, with a thickness from 5 µm up to strip thickness with a batch out of one of our compounders. Alternatively, you can make many meters of film or strip in continuous mode with larger sample quantities. With the CFPL you can further test and better optimize slippery film formulations at negligible waste and minimal costs by producing more than 20 different films per day.
- The film cast speed can be adjusted on the first calender winder roll between 100 and 5000 mm/min with increments of 1 mm/min (via micro stepping*).
- Film necking is minimized with an air knife just and two air pins after the die.
- The second, transport calender roll is also speed controlled*) via a master slave arrangement with the first calender and has a pinch roll on top of it to adjust the mechanical pressure on the film sample to minimize slip on the film sample.
- The third, collecting, calender winder roll is torque controlled (its diameter will grow during the test run), to ensure even film uptake, which can be adjusted with increments of 1 Nmm.
- The continuous feeding kit, consisting of a mountable, water-cooled top hopper and two continuous feeding screws and/or forced feeding screws, enables easy auto feeding in continuous extrusion mode from one of our micro compounders (MC 15 HT or MC 5).
*) Xplore proprietary technology
Note: As an option the first take up roll can be air cooled